Main content start
- Empowered Relief is copyrighted and internationally trademarked by Stanford University.
- The Empowered Relief materials are for the use of the certified instructor and the patient-facing materials are for Empowered Relief participants only.
- The Empowered Relief materials may not be redistributed to others, shared with colleagues, or made available to individuals or for general public access (e.g., no forwarding of the slides or the manual to colleagues; no web or video postings of proprietary content allowed).
- Only certified instructors may deliver the Empowered Relief program.
- Only licensed clinicians may become certified to deliver Empowered Relief.
- Certified instructors may not train other clinicians or individuals in the Empowered Relief program.
- Training and certification must be received by the Empowered Relief training team through Stanford University or through a Stanford approved and licensed certification workshop vendor.
- Certified instructors may deliver Empowered Relief within healthcare organizations, to the public, or in private clinics.
- Stanford University must pre-approve Empowered Relief integration into commercial digital health companies that deliver digital (online) interventions to patients or the public. For example, if a company wishes to include Empowered Relief in a digital treatment portfolio that will be marketed to clinics, healthcare organizations, or payors, prior approval from Stanford University is required, and Stanford University reserves the right to deny use of Empowered Relief.
- The Empowered Relief program must be delivered in its full form: it is a single-session class, all PowerPoint slides and the accompanying manualized text must be delivered verbally by the certified instructor over the course of the approximately 2-hour class timeframe. Delivering the intervention over two sessions is permissible (e.g., for billing purposes).
- The Empowered Relief program content may not be altered in any way, including partial delivery of materials.
- The Empowered Relief manualized script must be followed.
- It is assumed that clinicians will practice within the scope of their license and Stanford University and Empowered Relief assumes no liability.
- The Empowered Relief slide deck branding must be retained and visible in all class presentations and promotional materials.
- Certified instructors may add institutional branding to all materials while retaining Empowered Relief branding: (e.g., “Kaiser Permanente presents Empowered Relief”).
- Online delivery of Empowered Relief is permissible for live delivery only. Recordings are not permissible.
- All research publications that report on the use or results from Empowered Relief must include full attribution as follows: Empowered Relief by Beth Darnall © Stanford University